Saturday, March 5, 2016

Spring cleaning studio!!!


I don't have much to say this time! Well, in fact, I must limit my time on the computer in order to be able to heal my longtime wounded shoulder and backache.

However, I would like to talk a little bit about my unorganized "so-called" studio.
Normally, I am a very tidy person, with a place for everything and avid about putting each thing where it belongs, my family even always said that I am too meticulous.
I don't get it, because when it's comes to my studio, it is so hard for me to keep it tidy!
I won't show any pictures of it, because you guys out there will be afraid! ;)
I won't hide that I spend a lot of time searching for items or particular beads each and every time I design which leaves me feeling lost a lot of time.  My beads are lost...I'm lost.
Sometimes I clean and rearrange everything but it never lasts. For some reason, when I'm inspired, I need to mess up my bench with all kinds of beads because I have so many ideas at the same moment that I need to have those beads to make all of the designs in my head right then and there!
And here we go, the mess is back!
We all know that a well-organized studio makes it easy to work on any project, so I have decided that
I need a real studio that looks neat and tidy with a great bench to work, so maybe then I won't mess up it .
Well even in the chaos of my studio, I am happy to see all of these evocative materials, those that I have hoarded for so many years and also the new beads all of which work very well in my aesthetic vision. 

My Spring - Summer collection and so many more to come...


African Turquoise, lampwork beads, unique organic pattern artisan ceramic headpins all the way from Russia and vintage African glass from my Grandma


A pair of diamond shaped earring shields made from dark clay embossed with an African ornament
dangled below Greek ceramic spacers and  African brass cage rice shape beads, topped with  Lemon Chrysoprase gemstone beads.


I started these earrings with another design in mind but my initial plan fell apart and I didn't want to waste my copper wire. So, I improvised with these hybrid Picasso turquoise I had on my messy table within easy reach. My mistake lead me to this perfectly imperfect design which I finally love.


 Petra's ceramic dangles always make a statement. Hand formed rustic pair of wrapped loosely with nichrome wire spikes dangled below vintage coconut roundelle spacers, tribal yak bone mala Inlaid turquoise and coral chips and topped with  chrysocolla gemstones.


Another one of my favorite ceramic artist. Happy Fallout, I can't get enough of her beads!
I used handmade lampwork headpins (I love all kind of headpins) then, I enhanced them with stunning genuine ancient Roman glass roundelle fragment beads with green and blue color. These Roman glass beads are over 1000-1500 years old and were found in Afganistan. I also added unusual textured ceramic beads with printed letters on wet clay using an old typewriter, matte aquamarine gemstone and 4 mm gold olive green Czech glass to make this magnificent perfectly imperfect statement pair of earrings.



Stay tuned!!!

As always, Thank you so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Stunning designs! I love the look of the turquoise seed beads coiled on the copper wire. Isn't is funny how designs don't always work out as you had in mind but then something great comes out of it? Amazing find with the ancient Roman glass beads. They are beauties on your earrings! Best of luck with the studio organizing. Like you I am super organized but also in my studio. The beads and findings are all perfectly sorted. I have to know exactly where to find everything.

    ReplyDelete