Sunday, September 20, 2015

Go Wild!!!


It seems like I went wild while designing with these beautiful stones. The first time I saw petrified palm wood, I litterally fell in love with it.

It was about 7 years ago at a bead and mineral show, not too far from our city.   I went crazy and if my hubby and kids had not stop me, I would have bought all the
stock this man had of petrified palm wood. :)

I kept them for myself for sometime before creating with them!
I was right, it was my best selling jewelry during all my craft shows: from Nancy, France to Belgium and Luxemburg.

I rencetly found another supplier through etsy and  and of course, I could not resist. So, here I am.

Cherry Creek Jasper, also as know as Red Creek Jasper.
Red Creek Jasper is said to help renew old friendships that have been lost. Perfect stone because I have thousands of friends accross the world that I have lost contact with. :)

Mahogany Mist


I made these earrings very simple to enhance the natural beauty of the stone, Red Creek Jasper aka Matte Cherry Creek Jasper combines softly muted shades of olive green and burnt red in patterns reminiscent of a picturesque sunset. I topped them with antique copper tube, vintage glass,  red bone beads and wire wrapped the copper tube with my own pure copper wire ball end headpins for a primitive, tribal and earthy look. Each stone has their own unique pattern since they are Mother Nature's creation.



Petrified Palm wood is a group of fossil woods that contain prominent rod-like structures within the regular grain of the silicified wood.


Petrified Palm wood, Lucite tube, dye red horn, vintage glass beads pure copper wire wrapped


                                                                         Woodland's Spell


Minimalist stunning 48x10mm yellow spotted stone gemstone, with beautiful mustard yellow,black, brown, sage green, cream to tan marking in a color pattern dangled from 20 mm handmade pewter charms.


Playing with silk


I haven't mastered the technique of making earrings with silk well enough so, I beg you to forgive me this draft. I practice every day . Practice makes perfect, like the proverb says!!! 
  




                                                      







2 comments:

  1. Les pierres comme les boucles d'oreilles sont toutes magnifiques!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your earrings are gorgeous. So many cool materials! I love the look of the one wrapped in silk. I look forward to seeing more of your designs with the beautiful fabric.

    ReplyDelete